Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Earnhardt to race in V8 Supercars

Dale Earnhardt Jr. plans to have a little fun after the 2008 NASCAR season ends. Earnhardt will drive a Holden Commodore at final round of the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series (which is like Nationwide Series for the V8 Supercars) at Oran Park in Australia. Earnhardt will team up with Scotts Loadsman and drive the car that Steve Owen has driven all season, Owen will have a new car at the Oran Park round.

“I know that Dale Earnhardt Jnr wanted to drive in the last race and Paul Morris is organising for him to come out,” said Loadsman. “That’s confirmed.
“We’ve already got the car from Morris, we got the sister car to ‘Earnhardt’… we bought ‘Gidget’. So he’s going to drive in the last race out there so he’ll probably drive that [Earnhardt] car.”

The race weekend will take place on December 4-7.

NASCAR Superstar to make V8 car debut [Wheelsmag.com]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had some experience of driving a supercar myself. My husband and I recently visited Thruxton Motorsport and had a wonderful time. I got to testdrive a Lamborghini LP640 and the experience was truly awesome. I highly recommend you have a go at this if you haven't already.