Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pure insanity for the Rowdy one

Last weekend, Kyle Busch ran in all three of NASCAR's major series in Dover scoring a victory in Sunday's Cup Race. Last night Busch was in Eldora trying to find victory in the Prelude to the Dream, instead Busch found the wall and his car covered in mud.

This weekend Kyle Busch will try to attempt something that no one has seen before race in all three of NASCAR's major series in different parts of the country. Friday night, Busch will be in Fort Worth, Texas for the Craftsman Truck Series race, Saturday night Busch will be in Nashville for the Nationwide race and in between those two races, Busch will practice and qualify for Sunday's Sprint Cup race in Pocono. To top that all off Busch is in New Jersey today doing an appearance in New Jersey for his sponsor M&M's.

So what does Rowdy Busch think about his crazy stunt that he is trying to pull off this weekend? "It's fun for the fans I think, too, to see me be able to be as crazy or as stupid as I might be and trying to run all these," Busch said. "They get the excitement of seeing whether or not I'll succeed or fail. That's a good part of it, too."

Busch also isn't concerned about the physical strain he'll be receiving in the 1,000 plus miles of racing he'll be doing this weekend. "I don't think that I've got any stamina worries or anything like that," Busch said. "I think all that will play out. It will be fine.
"The only thing that I do worry, we have a TV crew and stuff like that going with us. They're wanting to film what goes on the plane, off the plane, this and that and everywhere. That's kind of going to be probably the most draining thing, is just toting them around with us.
"Shouldn't be that big a deal. I'd like to sleep on the plane. But I guess they've got questions they want to ask me on the plane that will take a little bit of time. Other than that, normally I'm pretty good at sleeping on planes. I look forward to getting a couple naps on there back and forth."

The thing Mr. Busch should worry about is the weather, one rainy day could screw up his whole schedule. I'm sure he isn't worried about missing the truck or Nationwide race, but if problems arise that could cause him to miss the Cup race on Sunday, his position in the Chase for the Cup could be put in jeopardy.

Kyle Busch tackles 4 races in 5 days (Autosport.com)

No comments: