Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Michael Waltrip Racing rumors denied

Last week I told you about a rumor that surfaced that Michael Waltrip Racing was laying off people and was in money troubles, I didn't put too much stock in it, because the rumor didn't have claim a credible source other than the grapevine and I was right.

Michael Waltrip today shot down the rumors. "I fancy myself as being a friend to one of the Web sites that is reporting that. But I have to say that the rumor is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the internet," Waltrip said. "We are probably on as good of footing financially as anyone in the garage area. We are focused on the future. When you are a new team, a lot of times there is turnover. There is reorganization. That is what is going on at MWR and will continue to happen until we hit our stride. We are not in any peril as being reported. We are very into what we are doing and what we need to do to be successful."

MWR in trouble? (Jayski.com)

No comments: