Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busch ready for another tripleheader this weekend

Kyle "Rowdy" Busch will be racing in NASCAR's three top series again this weekend. Busch will race in both the Truck Series race in Michigan and Nationwide Series race in Kentucky on Saturday and then race in Sunday's Cup series race in Michigan.

“I’m really looking forward to it [running the Nationwide race],” Busch said. “The last time I raced there two years ago, I had a shot to win the race and missed out on it after I won my first race there back in 2004. We’ll compete in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Michigan and get right down to Kentucky and get in the Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota and see what we have there. It’s going to be a busy day for me, but days like that almost feel normal to me now."

“Kentucky is just a fun place because it’s wide and it’s fast. You can run these cars so hard into the corner and still get through the corner pretty quick. It’s gotten bumpier over the past several years, so it’s definitely getting some character to it, which I like. It’s always been a good track to me, and I really like going there.”

The only hurdle that Busch will face this weekend is that he won't be able to qualify or practice his Nationwide car and that his car is not locked into the field for the race Saturday night and will have to qualify on time. Those duties will be left up to ARCA driver Jeremy Clements.

“We want to get the car as good as we can for Kyle so when he hops into it, he can drive it up to the front,” Clements said. “But I’m sure there aren’t any worries about that since I think he’ll do that regardless. The first lap in qualifying will be very important and will just be conservative to get it in the show. And then, on the second lap, I’ll go a little bit harder to try to get up toward the front and get a good pit stall for these guys.”

And yes Busch looks pretty goofy with that cowboy hat on.

Kyle Busch back for another triple-duty weekend (Scenedaily.com)

No comments: